Sad news today, David Bowie died yesterday (January 10, 2016) after fighting cancer. He had a very, very long career not only as a singer, but also as an actor, producer and much more. One of my first exposures to Bowie was the movie Labyrinth, but his music became a staple on classic rock radio growing up.
I was never a big David Bowie fan, but I did like his music for the most part. Because of not being a huge fan, I only have one vinyl album of his, the 1976 compilation album Changesonebowie.
Since it was released in 1976, it has all of his hits up till then, which there are still quite a few. Space Oddity is my favorite, along with many other people. This compilation album is certified platinum and reached the top ten Billboard album charts, which I think is awesome for a comp. album.
Bowie had many personas that resulted in his music having many different styles. He was able to reinvent himself multiple times, without ever following the crowd.
David Bowie – Changesonebowie
- “Space Oddity” (from Space Oddity, 1969) – 5:14
- “John, I’m Only Dancing (from the single of the same name, 1972) – 2:43
- “Changes” (from Hunky Dory, 1971) – 3:33
- “Ziggy Stardust” (from Ziggy Stardust, 1972) – 3:13
- “Suffragette City” (from Ziggy Stardust) – 3:25
- “The Jean Genie” (from Aladdin Sane, 1973) – 4:03
- “Diamond Dogs” (from Diamond Dogs, 1974) – 5:56
- “Rebel Rebel” (from Diamond Dogs) – 4:30
- “Young Americans” (from Young Americans, 1975) – 5:10
- “Fame” (from Young Americans) – 3:30
- “Golden Years” (from Station to Station, 1976) – 3:59
If you would like this on vinyl, you can buy David Bowie – Changesonebowie (Vinyl)
David Bowie – January 8, 1947 – January 10, 2016
Leave A Comment: